I am happy to inform you that the ICHR has initiated a State of the Discipline Survey in History for surveying and assessing the state of history teaching and research on India. This information will help us in compiling a database of teachers and researchers engaged in Universities/Colleges working in different areas of history.
This information will comprise:
- Personal details like name, address, phone, E-mail
- Designation, affiliation and information of the department/place of work
- Research area & publications
- Achievements and significant contributions to the field by the scholar
This particular database/databank which will be available online (www.ichr.ac.in
) will be useful for researchers:
- to contact scholars in a specialized area,
- to easily identify experts and avoid repetition in research
It is also proposed to publish this directory in book form. This information thus gathering will also feed into a national database providing information for surveying the state of the discipline for history in India.
I sincerely look forward to your help which will go a long way in strengthening the discipline of history in India.
Please go to the following continue button for registration & submit your details of the research work done by you in history in the prescribed format.