1. Candidates who are registered in recognized Universities in PhD programme in History
or its allied subjects are eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
2. The Fellowship shall carry an amount of Rs. 17,600/- (Rupees Seventeen Thousand Six Hundred) per month with a contingency grant of Rs.16,500/- (Rupees Sixteen thousand Five Hundred) per annum for a period of two years extendable up to one more year without any financial commitment under special circumstances.
3. Award of JRF will be through an entrance examination only, applying the usual
reservation for SC, ST& PWD.
4. This Fellowship shall be a whole-time engagement for research work and cannot be combined with any other whole-time or part-time work Provided that—
(a) A Fellow can continue with his previous employment, if he takes leave during the period of Fellowship; and
(b) A part-time honorary or nominally paid teaching or research assignment may
bebe accepted by a Fellow with the permission of the Research ProjectsCommittee.
5. Fellowship shall automatically terminate two months after the Fellow submits his PhD
thesis (for which the Fellowship had been awarded).
6. The Council will constitute a JRF Committee /Peer Group to formulate guidelines for selection of Fellows as well as to monitor research undertaken by the Fellows.
7. The scholars will have to submit six monthly/annual progress reports of the work
undertaken. But, the first annual report will be evaluated by the expert. The
fellowshipmay be discontinued if research undertaken by any fellow is found
unsatisfactory. The amount of fellowship granted to a Fellow shall be recovered if
the research undertaken by him is found unsatisfactory.
The last instalment i.e. of the last three months of the Fellowship and contingency shall be withheld if the Fellow does not submit his/her monographs/books/thesis within the stipulated time during his term of Fellowship. When the manuscript is published, due acknowledgment should be made to the Fellowship of the ICHR.