Research Projects Grant
The Research Projects are awarded for research in History or on a theme substantively including an aspect or aspects of History, undertaken within India, to a scholar as Project Director, who has shown significant competence in research work, having been awarded his/her Ph.D. or equivalent research work
Bona fide institutions with a well established and respected record of historical research may also apply for funding for projects. The objective of such grants is to enable institutions to improve the state of research collections.
The Research Project Grant of ICHR is awarded under following two categories for a period of two years with Rs.5,00,000/- (Rupees Five Lakh only) as maximum amount of grant.
- Individual Funding Category
- Institutional Funding Category
The Presentation-cum-Interviews for Research Project Grant are conducted bi-annually during the months of June and December and selected proposals are placed before the Research Project Committee (RPC) for its final approval.
- The character and status of the institution
- The nature of the project and its expected outcome
- A clear budget indicating appropriate heads of expenditure
- comprehensive research proposal must be submitted containing the concept note, note on sources, methodology, extant research on the theme proposed, a bibliographical note and how does this project aim to make a contribution to history. In their applications,Institutions are required to specify a Project Director for the said Project and shall require the Project Director to adhere to the standard rules governing ICHR Projects and Project Directors. The applicantInstitution shall receive grants made under the project award and provide utilization certificates/reports as provided for under the Research Funding Rules of the ICHR.