Post Doctoral Fellowship
- Post Doctoral Fellowships are awarded to scholars who have shown significant competence in research work, having been awarded their PhD or have done equivalent research work of merit in History or its allied subjects, and desire to work on approved research themes at institutions of excellence under the guidance of a senior scholar.The applicants for the Fellowship should be affiliated with a University or a research institute of repute.
- The Fellowship shall carry an amount of Rs.30,800/- (Rupees Thirty thousand eight hundred only) per month with a contingency grant of Rs 22000/- (Rupees Twenty two thousand only ) per annum for a period of two years extendable up to a maximum of one more year without any financial commitment .
- The award of PDF will be through presentation followed by interview.
- This Fellowship shall be a whole-time engagement for research work and cannot be with any other whole-time or part-time work.
- A Fellow can continue with his previous employment, if he takes leave during the period of Fellowship
- A part-time honorary or partially paid teaching or research assignment may be accepted by a Fellow with the permission of the Research Projects Committee.
- The scholars will have to submit six monthly/annual progress reports of the work undertaken. The research undertaken by a Fellow shall be reviewed at the end of one year wherein a candidate will have to make a presentation before the experts. The Fellowship may be discontinued if research undertaken by any Fellow is not found satisfactory. The amount of Fellowship granted to a Fellow shall be recovered if the research undertaken by him is not satisfactory.
- The last instalment i.e. of the last three months of the Fellowship and contingency shall be withheld till ICHR receives satisfactory report from the expert on the final submission of his/her monograph/book/thesis within the stipulated time. Due acknowledgment should be made to the Fellowship of the ICHR when the manuscript is published.