(1) National Fellowships are offered by the Chairman, ICHR in consultation with Research
Project Committee members to eminent scholars in history who have made outstanding contribution to research in their respective fields to enable them to continue their academic work and research.
(2) The Fellowship shall be awarded by the Council to eminent scholars on the recommendations of the Research Projects Committee for a period of two years.
(3) The Fellowship shall carry an amount of Rs.60,500/- (Rupees Sixty Thounsand five hundred only) per month with a contingency grant of Rs.66,000/- (Rupees Sixty Six thousand Only) per annum.read more
In addition to above fellowships, the ICHR in 2016 initiated new fellowship titled Gurukul Fellowship.
(1) Senior Fellowships are awarded to the senior scholars who have done quality work and
have publications in the form of books and papers in professional journals to their credit.
(2) The Fellowship shall carry an amount of Rs. 40,400/- (Rupees Forty thousand Four hundred only) per month with a contingency grant of Rs. 44000/- (Rupees forty Four thousand only) per annum for a period of two years extendable up to a maximum of one more year without any financial commitment under special circumstances.
(3) This Fellowship shall be a whole time engagement for research work and cannot be combined with any other whole-time or part-time work.
(4) The RPC of the Council shall formulate guidelines for selection of Fellows as well as to monitor research undertaken by the fellows.read more
1. Post Doctoral Fellowships are awarded to scholars who have shown significant competence in research work, having been awarded their PhD or have done equivalent research work of merit in History or its allied subjects, and desire to work on approved research themes at institutions of excellence under the guidance of a senior scholar. The applicants for the Fellowship should be affiliated with a University or a research institute of repute.
2.The Fellowship shall carry an amount of Rs.30,800/- (Rupees Thirty thousand eight hundred only) per month with a contingency grant of Rs 22000/- (Rupees Twenty two thousand only ) per annum for a period of two years extendable up to a maximum of one more year without any financial commitment .
3. The award of PDF will be through presentation followed by interview.read more
1. Candidates who are registered in recognized Universities in PhD programme in History or its allied subjects are eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
2. The Fellowship shall carry an amount of Rs. 17,600/- (Rupees Seventeen Thousand Six Hundred) per month with a contingency grant of Rs.16,500/- (Rupees Sixteen thousand Five Hundred) per annum for a period of two years extendable up to one more year without any financial commitment under special circumstances.
3. Award of JRF will be through an entrance examination only, applying the usual reservation for SC, ST& PWD.read more
1. A Researcher awarded Ph.D in History and its allied subjects or have done equivalent Research work may apply for Research Projects grant for which the RPC organises presentation-cum-interview twice (June and December ) in a year.
2. In order to apply for the research project grant, Applicant has to prepare the summary of his research work in History and its Allied subjects. For research projects grant application can be sent through institution or individually.
3. In regard with the sent application , the synopsis submitted by applicant is sent to experts for assessment synopsis with the positive assessment is selected for presentation-cum-interview . The selection process for the research projects grant starts then only.read more
1. Cost of travel and of maintenance abroad may be provided to a citizen of India wishing to study at archives, museums, libraries or private collections abroad for collection of source material, or to take part in a workshop, seminar or conference abroad for presenting a paper related to History, or to receive training in a specialized branch of History.
2. (a) Anyone wishing to make use of a grant should apply at least three months before the proposed date of departure.
(b) A scholar seeking subsidy for collection of source material in foreign countries should broadly identify the source material and records and certify that the material and records are not available in India.
(c) A copy of the letter from libraries/archives concerned indicating that they possess the required documents. The same would be made available to the scholar as and when he or she visits them.read more
1. The Research Projects Committee may award grants for seminars, workshops, academic conferences /Symposia/ Lecture concerned with specific themes of History to individual scholars as coordinators who apply in accordance with the proforma.
2. An application received may be directly placed before the Research Projects Committee; or it may first be referred to an Expert, in case the Member Secretary so decides, and then placed before the Research Projects Committee along with the recommendations of the Expert.
3. No College/University Deptt./Individual can avail ICHR funding for more than once in a single financial year. Preference will be given to departments of History.read more
1. The ICHR may award Contingency (Study-cum-Travel) grant to an Indian citizen, or to a non-Indian, to assist him in pursuing research on History within India.
2. The following shall be eligible for award of grant under Clause 1:
(a) Scholars who are engaged in M.Phil., Ph.D. or Post Doctoral work or carrying on independent research in History and are not currently receiving any travel or contingency grant for the proposed work from any other source.
(b) University and college teachers and members of staff of research institutions and others who are engaged in research work in History.read more
1. The Research Projects Committee may award subsidies for publication of the following categories of works relating to History:
(a) doctoral thesis
(b) monograph and other research work
(c) proceedings of seminar/symposium/conference
(d) critically edited/ translated source material
(e) bibliographical and documentation work
(g) any other research-oriented work
(h) translation into any Indian language or into English of an important work on History.read more